Saturday, June 16, 2012

Wonky Star Cat Bed





flimsy
I'm planning on making a large Wonky Star quilt for an engagement present, but I wanted to try it out first to see if it was going to be too problematic or time consuming (I find offset patterns a bit more confusing to work with than things that just go together in nice strips and blocks).

After seeing a lovely Wonky Star memorial quilt at from the blue chair blog, I decided to do the big quilt in a similar layout.  For the cat bed I was just improvising the layout.


I got my Wonky Star tutorial at The Silly BooDilly blog, and for the cat bed I used 3" squares for smaller stars.  I'm not a big fan of red so I thought this would be a good way to use up a chunk of the material I had in that color.

I just winged the assembly of the pet bed, used a few layers of batting for the bottom & strips of the thick felt left over from my ironing pad replacement for the sides.  A bit floppier than I like, but the cats don't seem to care.


Wasabi decadently flopping around on the computer desk




2 comments:

  1. I tried my first wonky star on a wall hanging project this past winter, and I haven't done another one since! But I need one of these for my calico cat! Very Cool and your cat seems to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wonky star looks great! Looking forward to seeing the bigger version of it.

    ReplyDelete