Monday, May 21, 2012

Patchwork Prism QAL Progress: Quilt Back



I've managed to finish the quilt top, and it's basted to the batting waiting for me to get the back done.  I wanted to take the easy way out and do a solid back, but since I am ahead of schedule, it seems wrong to not try to make something a bit more creative.  I know I could go MUCH more creative but I'm taking baby steps!
I decided I would do a white and grey Kona Cotton (I think the grey is slate), with a few hexagons in it.  As I couldn't put down any of the hexagons down to test the placement for more than 60 seconds without a cat laying claim to it, I'm sure I could've come up with better choices but I gave up ;) I'm looking into making a design wall at some point in time to help me out with the kitty issues!
Now I'm just waiting for some more Kona Snow cotton from Fabric.com to get here so I can finish the back and put it all together.








2 comments:

  1. I have always had the same problem with our 3 cats! My husband built a screen door for our garage door with a "cat" ledge on it and for the first time they are leaving me alone and watching birds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great idea until I can get a design wall up and going!

      Delete