Thursday, May 17, 2012

Ali makes dinner - Chicken with Prosciutto & Sage

I'd run across this recipe for Smashed Chicken with Prosciutto and Sage last month at Gastronomical Sovereignty (no idea what led me there but mmmm), and have been waiting eagerly to try it.
It's a pretty straightforward recipe, the only thing I wasn't expecting was to wrap the prosciutto around the chicken BEFORE pounding the breasts flat. I ended up using chicken stock instead of white wine and mounted it with some herb butter at the end to thicken it up a bit. I usually get impatient when I make a sauce reduction like this and don't wait for the liquid to boil off enough so end up with a watery, if tasty, sauce.  My patience paid off and it was nicely thickened and so delicious!

I rolled out some pasta to go with it, but alas I didn't have any vegetables around to stick on the plate.  I can't wait for my zucchini to start spitting out fruit left and right so I don't have an excuse to not have some vegetable like product with every meal!

This recipe had less than 5 minutes of prep and only took about 10 minutes to make.  I'm a fan of quick and easy recipes - especially when there aren't a ton of steps or ingredients, and I'll be making this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment