Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Rainbow-y Kona Patchwork Wheel Quilt in Progress

Blargh!  I've spent the last week sick, the kind of sick where you're loopy and babbling nonsense and people giggle at you.  The kind of sick where you don't leave the house and don't even want to go outside during the 8 weeks of sun Seattle gets a year.  The kind of sick where, horror of horrors... you can hardly sew....

I am optimistic that I am almost coherent now.  I finally felt up to working on the stitching and binding of my Handstitched quilt.



Alyssa over at Pile O' Fabric hosted a Kona charm swap last month. (She may be doing more so I'm keeping an eye out!)  I got to choose from some lighter purples (ewww!) and I chose crocus and thistle.   I figured when I got my charms in I'd just put them in a drawer and forget about them.

When they got here though, I was all OOOOH and AHHH at the pretty rainbow inside the envelope.  Though it would've made sense to put them away until later because I have hrmm... 3 large quilts, one lap quilt, and one mini in progress....

Poppy Makes - patchwork wheels quilt
I saw this really cool quilt over at Poppy Makes... using patchwork wheel blocks.  There is a great tutorial for this block over at Don't Call Me Betsy.

My hope is to match most of the Kona solid charms with prints, and end up with a variegated rainbow of a quilt.  (I do not trust this idea will translate into reality, but I'm giving it a try anyway!)




This is a bit of what I have started for this quilt.  This one is going to take a long time because my fabric stash isn't nearly big enough to have all the colors in it, and matching will be done by luck instead of purposefully ordering for it (we'll see how long I can hold out).  I'll certainly be rearranging things for a long time before making any placement decisions.

Alright, time for a good nights sleep so I have the energy to get back to hand stitching!  (Just kidding, I'm going to watch some Top Chef Master re-runs first ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment