Saturday, February 2, 2013

Herringbone Triple Zip Pouch


Yay I got this done.  This being the Triple Zip Pouch sew along going on at A Quilter's Table.  Debbie is local to me, and her tutorial is amazing, which is a clear sign that grunge music is not the only great thing to ever come from Seattle!  I'm still trying to figure out why I don't do a better job of reading directions, and make so much more work for myself.  Part of the problem was that I started before I had my new order from Zipit so a week later I had forgotten everything and I manage to mess it up in a few ways, including sewing the top two pieces on upside down.

My favorite phase on this text fabric is "Stitch by stitch she pieced her soul together" and I truly do feel that sewing is amazing therapy for the soul.  The fact it follows up with some nonsense about goats just makes it all the better.

Fabrics:
Herringbone in Lake from Modern Meadow by Joel Dewberry
Memoir in White from Madrona Road - Michael Miller Fabric


Sadly as I was finishing up the pouch this morning, the programmable thermostat in the living room started smoking, then burst into flames.  Actually it was really fortunate I decided to sew just then, or I would have been in another room instead of present to put it out quickly.  I actually grabbed something off my design wall to bat at the flames, nobody ever said I was great in a crisis!


My husband has been reluctant to have me paint the room a more subdued color (which is odd since I'm the one who has to do the painting), but although I loved this color originally, it's been on the walls five years now, and since I'm making so many colorful things for the house, I think we really need a neutral.  I'm going to look at this as fate telling me it is time to paint things beige! 

No comments:

Post a Comment