Monday, February 4, 2013

Improv"ish" wall hanging

I just checked out Quilting Line and Color: Techniques and Designs for Abstract Quilts by Yoshiko Jinzenji from my lovely library.  It is full of interesting techniques, and all sorts of projects that are outside of my comfort zone.  Abstract art of any sort makes my head hurt a bit usually ;)


So I want to challenge myself this year - not that I'm in a rut since I've only been quilting for less than a year...  but I am hoping to encourage my mind to be more creative.  This project will be a wall hanging, so I don't feel I'm being roo risky!  Even though there are lots of wonderful projects in the book, I thought use the one on the cover as inspiration




I like how trying to do this is making me uncomfortable.  I really prefer organized patterns and neatness, things that match, symmetry....Not really sure where I am going with this but its my start!

No comments:

Post a Comment