|that blue one isn't even really round anymore....|
I didn't even think to use a blanket stitch for applique, I just zig zagged it. Probably be more sturdy if it needs to be washed....And maybe I should've used fray check cause uh...it was fraying.
|mid project binding fail|
After pretending it didn't exist for a few days, I painstakingly ripping the binding off and tried again, startching the heck out of my new bias tape, and it worked out _much better_ but not anywhere as perfectly as unwashed fabric, so lesson learned (I hope!). I think it was slightly narrower than the orange bias tape too.
On the down side, after taking the binding off I had to trim the edges of the potholder in a few spots and so the blue one is a bit smaller than the orange one. :| The orange one sure looks great though! ;)
|moderately better final binding|
The potholders ended up going directly on the recipients bookshelf of geeky toys n stuff (along with the only cross stitch project I've made in the last 30 years) <<<
Apparently they wont be sullied in the kitchen so perhaps I could've skipped the insulated batting, but I'm glad they were well received, and now I can attempt something more challenging for next month's project!
Potholder bodies - Kona in black
Seam binding - Kona in orange and turquoise
Chell - Kona in snow
Insides - one layer of Insul-Bright insulated batting, one layer of Natural and warm batting
Thread - Guttermann