Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Easy eye mask & an out of control design wall.

Phew, I've been meaning to make an eyemask for months, and now that its dark all the time & I don't need it, I finally got around to it.  This is the Bari J eyemask, and I spent last night doing some embroidery on the flannel, then whipped it together this morning with  Art gallery's Carnaby Street groovy vibes in citrus.  I just used batting instead of fusible fleece since I have a lot of bits of it.  It lets a bit of light in at the nose, but is more comfortable than the three eyemasks I already own, so it's a win.

Without the embroidery, I'm guessing it could be completed in 15 minutes or less

Made another pincushion, I don't know why.  I actually made three, but that's neither here nor there. Also sorted through some bins & threw some WIP's up on the design wall. 

I'm self drafting a medallion quilt which is going..oddly, and the crosses and HSQ are for that.  The atrocity that is black and red is a sewing machine cover, and what broke my Singer and left it out of commission for a good chunk of this year, sewing through a couple of layers of canvas and batting.  I'd like to finish it now that my machine is back home (and I'm so glad!)

No comments:

Post a Comment