Monday, May 6, 2013

Lovely Year of Finishes May Goal

Wow, I've been so busy getting ready to go on a road trip that I forgot to make a goal (well I mean I HAVE a goal, its just the blogging part I slacked on).  With that said, it's time to link up to A Lovely Year of Finishes so I don't somehow slink out of my commitment!


I'm making a wonky star quilt for my ex-husband and his lovely fiance as an engagment present... I hate to say this but I kind of blogged about finishing the quilt top last AUGUST. 

In December it was all sewn together, and I was using pearl cotton to hand stitch around the center squares of the stars. I think I'm about halfway through, but since my cats kept sitting on my quilting frame, I finally took it down until I had the time to actually finish it.


When I started this my understanding of how important having enough seam allowance was... how do I say this nicely...sucky.  There are at least a few places where things are going to come apart if I don't patch them, and thats the other reason I haven't finished this.

Luckily they are having a long engagement so there's not a wedding date set yet, but I still want this to be an engagement and not a wedding present!  They are mellow folks so I know the imperfections will be AOK with them too, but I AM going to get this done this month.

Tomorrow I'm off to the Oregon coast to relax, ponder life, and drink generous amounts of red wine while I embroider (I actually considered taking my sewing machine but managed to stop myself...) and this is in my trunk and I will be finishing the hand sewing this week, and anything I can't re-enforce by hand will be finished up by machine when I get back.






2 comments:

  1. Love your quilt and I have the Same with my Kaleidoskope quilt. Anounced it to be finished at the end of 2011, but it isn't still. But I hope it will this Year lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt...enjoy your wine!!! ;) Oh yes and your vacation too!! Ha!

    ReplyDelete