Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Comma Body Pillow



So much for a catchy title!
When I married my husband, part of his dowry was an ugly beige body pillow.  I don't actually know how old it is, and I don't want to, but he's been adamant about keeping it.

 For the last two years its been residing on the top of the loveseat in our computer room, mainly as a cat bed for our kitty, Ponzu. 

Ponzu really likes to lick his arms, and then move to licking the pillow, and that noise... *shudder*


I decided to discard the old cover, and make a removable one I can wash the cat spit out of :| 

My husband actually liked the bold graphics in the charm pack of  Comma by Zen Chic for Moda that I got earlier this month, and he rarely likes any fabric I get.  Since he has to see the pillow every day, it seemed to fit the bill.

The front used just about the entire Comma charm pack plus six 5" kona solid charms all split into 2.5" strips.  I quilted it with green, yellow and orange Aurifil thread.

 
 For the back of the pillow, I just used a grey yellow & white print,  I did some FMQ on the back, but the contrast isn't interesting enough to really show up well so you don't have to see it ;)  Most things even line up!   Now of course I have the problem that the quilt on the sofa doesn't match, so I guess that means some more interior decorating is called for.
filthy bastard


No comments:

Post a Comment