Friday, March 29, 2013

Kaffe Fassett Shot Cotton Quilt



I've been using Kaffe's shot cotton for my Lucky Stars BoM blocks, but earlier this year I'd started cutting fabric for a lap quilt from them.  Originally I wanted to make a king sized quilt but I didn't have enough fabric and didn't think I'd end up getting more.

The colors I used were sprout, magenta and lemon, I added Kona in coal and snow.  I used the Kona coal for the binding too.

My inspiration was the HST Love quilt from Katie at Sew Katie Did.  My photos don't do the fabric justice, if you haven't tried shot cottons and are curious about them, please DO get some they are simply stunning, especially in the sunlight.   The ones for this quilt were from Purl Soho, but my subsequent purchases have been from Hawthorne Threads.

My blocks finished at 5.5" and the finished quilt is about 50" by 68" .




I straight line machine quilted it with grey, green, magenta yellow & white. I didn't use my walking foot (hadn't tried it before) and certainly regret that I didn't know how useful it was, as is you can see the quilt's a bit ripply in spots.

I was lucky enough to find a pretty vintage  sheet at Goodwill to use for the back. 

This is seriously cozy.  Pondering making a pajama set from QUILTS- it really seems like the sort of thing I'd do ;)




Tried taking indoor photos, was cat-blocked by Wasabi at every turn

I still may make a king sized quilt like this for the bedroom, but as I'm currently in the middle of making another king sized quilt will probably push it off for a bit ;) YES my husband's started asking me why I'm making more quilts.  No I did not shank him for voicing that crazy question out loud ...


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/5114845/?claim=6jbh93urg7c">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment