Saturday, August 3, 2013

Zakka scrappy box - first after move project!


After all the moving labor of the last two weeks I realized that I haven't sewn at all, not even made time for embroidery.

I'd planned on doing the Zakka Along 2.0 - Patchwork, Please sew along, and really wanted to do the scrappy box - of course I'd put the book aside so I could sew along during the move but it managed to get itself packed anyway, dammit.  I finally found it, and got my patchwork sides  put together for this project and then found that I wasn't able to make any sense of the directions



First thing organized of course!
I tried reading them from the book & the guest blog post about it at Poppyprint, I read the tips at LR Stitched, and still wasn't making sense of it (admittedly I was in the middle of unpacking still) and since I have plans all weekend, I just winged it after it became clear that it wouldn't come together right.

What I was going to use as chipboard was still at my old house, and my firmest interfacing was still pretty floppy sadly, but here in all it's totally incorrect glory is my scrappy zakka box!  This sew along is the only thing I'll be working on in the near future - my feed dogs stopped working again & I'm using my backup.  Time to google the nearest local UPS to ship it off to be fixed so I can finish my king sized quilt!

Bright side is my sewing machine (the living room of the new place) is nearly set up, I just need more time to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment