Monday, August 19, 2013

Zakka Along - Happy Hexagon Trivet

Ok, my sewing room in the new place is all up and running, and I actually have time to sew for the Zakka Along 2.0!

I decided to go with a center and back of Summersville - Brush Strokes in Seafoam, and solids from my scrap bins.  I figure there's a chance the person I made a laundry hamper out of Summersville might end up needing a trivet any moment now, and if I can make his house look ridiculously matchy, I'm not sure why I wouldn't try it ;)

This was an easy project, and I think I'll make a second one for me in Kaffe Fassett shot cottons.  My machine managed to suck it up and sew through all the fabric and the batting and insulated layers.  This might be the tidiest binding I have put on a project to date too!



 

1 comment:

  1. Looks so great, Ali - I love the solids and the layout you've used!

    ReplyDelete