|LillyBelle pillow being aloof and ignoring the other pillows|
I'm sure I'd have had better results in a few ways if I waited. Hers is beautifully quilted, but I didn't use batting or interfacing to reinforce mine (which I would've if i'd taken a last look at hers before sewing things together). That would've helped with the lumpy look (think I've had this particular pillow insert for a decade or so) and it could've benefited from an extra 1/2" fabric length and width wise.
I've never done piecing like this before. I was reluctant to pay $20 for templates if they were going to be used once then shoved into a drawer, so I searched around and took the cheapskate option of resizing and printing out the image of the winding ways block pieces at the Accuquilt website. Thank goodness for cardstock!
For the front I used the Lacis in blueberry and Lilly bouquet in dark prints from LillyBelle & Kona cotton in Bone for the solid. There's a bit of rippling here and there and all my points dont line up but I was happy to learn some new things.
That probably would've been a great opportunity to sew in a zipper but I didn't even think of that til right this very moment ;) This seems like a good time to get started on some other pillow covers now that I've gotten the ball rolling!