Friday, December 28, 2012

Gonna be a busy 2013 isn't it?

I planned on starting the year sloooooowly.

Back in August I'd already planned on signing up for taking Rachel's Curves class on January 1st...of course, it's fun, she's a great teacher, it's only 5 weeks in duration, and you can work at your own pace.

And Sew On... BoM
Mid December I saw the adorable  "And Sew On.. " paper piecing sewing block related BoM Kristy is hosting at Quiet Play which is only nine blocks for the year, perfectly doable.  Starts simple and works it's way up to some complicated blocks!  I have only done simple designed paper piecing so I am really looking forward to the escalating challenges.

 The same week I saw Melissa at Bittersweet Designs is doing A Lovely Year of Finishes to motivate us to finish up UFO's and WIP's, one a month for the year, and who doesn't want to do that? (If you play along in hardcore version, it involves 2 blog posts a month with an in progress and a finished project report.)

I wavered a bit, because of the whole being accountable thing, but I do have a few things I want to finish up, and the project can be one you start and finish in the same month.


A Light in the Dark mini @dontcallmebetsy.com
 On Christmas day, I discovered my mother was going to do a BoM too, the one Elizabeth at dontcallmebesty is putting on, Lucky Stars, a foundation paper pieced BoM.  Besides the fact that the blocks are beautiful, foundation paper piecing is on my "must learn in 2013" list.

I was already in love with a few of her quilts, including <<< this disgustingly awesome paper pieced star one, so it seemed unreasonable to not give in and join the fun.

Admittedly now I'm finding myself almost overwhelmed and wondering when I'll have time to do other projects at all! 






Skill Builder Quilt at Pile O' Fabric
Edit...really?  And the day after I sign up for the Lucky Stars BoM Alyssa at PileoFabric goes and announces shes doing a Skill Builder Block of the Month QAL... Using the quilt as you go method no less, which I'm pretty sure was the last thing on my "must learn in 2013" sewing list not covered by any of the events above.


My husband has been making noises about me getting a more quilt appropriate sewing machine instead of trying to FMQ on my Brother Project Runway machine with a 5 inch harp space, especially when I gave him the rundown on how full my quilting plate is going to be, so I am looking forward to looking around to see what is out there :)  Otherwise I will probably be insane by March at this rate!

1 comment:

  1. Well, if you are going to dive into the longarm world...I'd highly recommend the Innova made by ABM International of Texas. I've had mine for 4 years and love it! Do check out http://quiltsonthecorner.com/ where Renae has done an article on choosing a longarm - things to think about and ask about, not brand-specific. If you have any questions about the Innova, I'd be happy to chat about it!!!

    ReplyDelete