Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Another Paper Pieced Pillow

I've decided to stop counting the pillows piling up on my sofa, or I might find a reason to stop making them... Next on the docket was a simple paper pieced project, an 18" pillow cover to go over a boring pillow that came with our loveseat. Of course this doesn't match the stuff I've already made for it so I should work on my long term planning. I really LOVE self drafting patterns.

The shot cottons I have keep calling out to me, so I chose six different ones for this, and some Kona in bone.  It was pretty straightforward quilting, the walking foot for the neutral, and hand stitching in pearl cotton for the shot cottons.

The only problem I ran into is using the Pilot FriXion pens to mark for the hand quilting - it left pale markings behind it when ironed out.  They seem to be doing that on both light and dark fabrics now - I hear it comes out in the wash but I'm considering breaking up with them for embroidery at the minimum which is sad because they're SO convenient!

you can see the pale lines along the hand stitching

1 comment: